* Owing to a completely full roster, I am currently unable to take on any new commission projects. Apologies for any inconveniences caused. To register your interest, please get in touch or sign up to my mailing list for further updates. Thanks, Dan! *
I have been fortunate enough to have worked on a wide variety of projects to date, including maps of long distance trails and runs, villages, cities, archipelagos, and entire countries - to name a few. I thoroughly enjoy the process of drawing maps, so if I can help make your idea a reality, then I would love to hear from you.
Where do we start?
1. Please get in touch. Your ideas are important, and I like to make this process as collaborative as possible, so if you could tell me a little bit more about what you are looking for I can bounce any ideas back and let you know what might, and might not be feasible. You can contact me here.
2. Upon agreeing that your project is possible, I will invite you to purchase your map via this page.
3. I will then produce a pencil sketch for your inspection, and make any amendments if necessary. Subsequent drafts will also be provided. Please allow a few weeks for me to get back to you with the first pencil sketch. If you need the map for a certain date, please let me know and I will do my best to facilitate this.
4. I will then ink over the agreed pencil sketch and send you the final draft for inspection.
5. Upon approval of the final draft, I will post the map out to you via tracked and recorded post.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me using the contact tab above.
Can I have my map framed?
Yes, this is indeed possible. I use unpainted wooden frames to fit A5, A4, and A3 drawings. A5 frames come fitted with a glass window, and A4 and A3 frames are fitted with Persex glazing to reduce any risk of breakages during transit. Unfortunately I cannot currently frame A2 or A1 maps.
What are the 'A' sizes?
The A series paper sizes, as defined by the ISO 216 standard, are given in the table below in both millimetres and inches. Please get in touch if you need any further clarification.
|A1 -||594 x 841 mm/||23.4 x 33.1 in|
|A2 -||420 x 594 mm/||16.5 x 23.4 in|
|A3 -||297 x 420 mm/||11.7 x 16.5 in|
|A4 -||210 x 297 mm/||8.3 x 11.7 in|
|A5 -||148 x 210 mm/||5.8 x 8.3 in|
Paper Quality (A4 - A2)
Daley Rowney Smooth - Heavyweight
Paper Quality (A5)
Khadi White Cotton Paper